1. Who Must be Licensed as a Contractor?

    All Businesses or individuals who construct or alter, or offer to construct or alter, any building, highway, road, parking facility, railroad, excavation or other structure in California must be licensed by the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) if the total cost (labor and materials)…Read More

  2. Change in Structure of Business Entity Requires New License Number

    Contractors must re-apply to the California Contractors State License Board whenever there is a change in the entity that they are licensed under. For example, if you are general partnership and one of your partners is bought out or a new partner joins the business the partnership entity needs to be…Read More